Timeline of Events
NexDine was founded in 2008, but the seeds were planted more than a decade earlier. Our highlights are listed below.
- Our 50th location opens.
- Our team gains its 200th employee.
- Our mobile app is launched and receives more than 15,000 hits in the first month! The Café Traffic Cam looks like a winner feature.
- NexDine's first private school location opens in Brockton, MA, the first of many at prestigious private and secondary schools throughout New England.
- David and Gregg play in Emeril Lagasse's Golf Classic at the pretigious Newport Country Club in Newport, RI. We're not sharing the scores, but... BAM!
- Gorton's of Gloucester, a renowned New England seafood company, opens a NexDine Café at its facility.
- The first NexDine Foundation Charity Golf Tournament raises over $75,000.
- The Green Restaurant Association recognizes NexDine with its "Certified Café" designation. We're one of only three in all of New England.
- David and Gregg form the NexDine Foundation, a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, to help families dealing with a seriously ill member.
- The NexDine Learning Center opens in Maynard, MA, and provides a corporate training facility for our managers and chefs.
- On Red Sox Opening Day, NexDine caters a special CBRE event at one of its flagship properties in downtown Boston.
- NexDine's 30th location opens at Pilgrim Nuclear in Plymouth, MA.
- The first NexDine Café in Pennsylvania opens, spreading the company into five states (MA, NH, ME, RI, PA).
- NexDine outgrows its space and moves to Dracut, MA.
- NexDine hires its 100th employee, just one year after opening its doors for business.
- NexDine acquires Republic Management Corp., and gains the company founder and CEO, Robert Ullrich.
- The stock market takes a big hit, but amidst the economic chaos, NexDine survives the fiscal challenge to the new business.
- Gregg invites David to join forces and start a unique dining services company.
- Gregg takes the position as VP of a large, Boston-based catering company and David becomes VP for a cutting-edge technology company that focuses on the restaurant industry.
- David Lanci and Gregg Hartman meet as employees of the same holding company. They begin a friendship as colleagues with shared interests in foodservice and common business philosophies.
March 13, 1940-2004
- Zefferina Lanci's birthday, the woman who sparked David's passion for food.